This is an innovative programme with an integrated delivery from end‐to‐end covering a wide range of financial technology topics, whilst providing a focus on application and the regulation required in this area. The programme focuses on practical skills in core areas such as financial analytics, advanced databases, disruptive technologies, web technologies and security while also offering applied skills in contemporary topics such as data analytics, and financial applications.
Its aim is to create a critical understanding of core financial technologies and financial systems while also enhancing the practical technical skills of the learners.
The specific programme aims are as follows:
- To enable learners to develop in-depth knowledge and analytical skills in current and developing financial technologies
- To provide learners with a deep and systematic knowledge of the management of Financial Technology in organisational and regulatory contexts
- To facilitate the development by the learner of applied skills that are directly complementary and relevant to the workplace
- To identify and develop autonomous learning skills for the learner
- To develop in the learner a deep and systematic understanding of current issues of research and analysis
- To enable the learner to identify, develop and apply detailed analytical, creative, problem solving and research skills
- Provide the learner with a comprehensive platform for career development, innovation and further study.
A minimum Second Class Level 8 Honours Degree i.e. 50% in accordance to Indian Education system in a cognate discipline from a recognised third level institution with IELTS 6.5 or equivalent.
Career opportunities exist in banking, insurance, and technology companies as well as in innovative start-up situations.
Facts to know: In December 2016, Minister Eoghan Murphy TD, unveiled 10 FinTech start-ups ready to launch in conjunction with Enterprise Ireland. It is estimated that from start-ups to multinationals, as many as 5,000 new jobs could be created in the Irish FinTech sector by 2020.
There is a huge demand for this program and is expected to be filled with in no time. We advise you to send the applications as early as possible.